Wednesday, August 6, 2014


This Little Pig Went to Market is a Perth born and owned business by 2 sisters Jessica & Katherine. They create a 2 meal menu each week and deliver the ingredients and recipe cards straight to your door!

I chose the 2 meals for 2 people for 2 nights and this was $65 delivered.

I wasn’t home when my box was arrived and was so happy to find it sitting nicely on my front door mat!
 
The box is very sturdy with all the ingredients stacked nicely with padding and 2 big ice bricks that can keep the food cool in the box for up to 4 hours.

The first recipe was Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli which was handmade by The Re Store in Leederville. Served with a cream-free bacon, sage, asparagus and mushroom sauce. The smell of this cooking was divine and I love how the bacon was already diced and locally sourced from Torre Butchers in Perth. The rest of the ingredients were all portioned and all I had to do was follow the recipe card and chop them up.
 
As mentioned before, the meals I chose are meant to be for 2 serves. Although this meal was plenty enough for my hubby, my daughter and myself to have a decent serving plus my daughters seconds and thirds!

The second meal was a Sesame Beef salad with crunchy noodle, mandarin and mint slaw. Doesn’t that sound good! Again the beef strips were pre-cut and also from Torres Butchers and the beef marinade and salad dressing were portioned in disposable containers.
 
This salad tasted amazing and was definitely filling for a dinner meal, again with a small serving leftover.
 

With all the ingredients portioned for the 2 meals, everything you need is there to make the menu. This means after cooking, you have no leftover food to go to waste.

I loved getting my delivery and thought it was great value. On a busy day I knew I had the ingredients on hand to make a good meal for that night. Or if I had a friend coming over for lunch I could whip this up without having to think of what to cook.

This Little Pig Went to Market are on facebook and you can check out their website to view their menu which changes weekly. Why not order one for a friend or family member as a gift!

I know I’ll definitely be ordering again very soon and regularly!

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!