Monday, January 27, 2014

The Herdsman

9 Flynn Street Churchlands WA
DECEMBER BLOGGER 2013
Hi there, I’m April and I’m so excited to have been asked by The Herdsman to be their December Blogger! I’m a passionate foodie who loves cooking with fresh, local produce and believes in keeping food simple.
I was first introduced to The Herdsman a few years ago when I tagged along with my sister, who regularly shopped here. Then once I walked in, I knew I’d found foodie heaven!
Inside the Herdsman you’ll find everything. Fresh flowers from the florist as you walk in, local fresh fruit & vegetables. A big section with Pre-made salads, fruit salads, flavoured yoghurts, potato, bean & pasta salads, , fresh meat & salad lunch trays, sandwiches, rolls & sushi. If you don’t feel like cooking they stock house-made stews, soups, casseroles & pizzas made with real ingredients ready to heat and eat. They also make and sell a few desserts, choc mousse& sticky date pudding to name a couple.
The deli is stocked with antipasto items, dips, olives, marinated Fremantle prawns etc. You can also have sushi, sandwich and meat & cheese platters made to order. These looked amazing, I snuck a peak when a customer picked some up that day! Hot beef/pork n gravy rolls, hot roast dinners & chicken schnitzel burgers are also available from the deli too for a hot, quick lunch.

The Herdsman cheese station is a cheese lover’s paradise. Local and imported cheeses line the big refrigerator with lots of accompaniments, which would complete the perfect cheese platter.

I love the bakery, heaps of gourmet loaves and sweet & savoury pastries to choose from.

The Herdsman has an independently run Butcher and Fishmonger on the premises too.

So I went along on a Friday to scour the massive range and figure out what I would take home. As I walked in I noticed their Calypso Mangoes for $2.99 each, which is great and cheaper than my local supermarket at the moment, so I put them in my basket along with some peaches, yellow flesh nectarines, cherries and a punnet of beautiful smelling strawberries. That’s my fruit platter all sorted, and I love new-season stone fruit! Then I picked up some house made Passionfruit Yoghurt to go with, Yum!
Back to the fresh premade section I grabbed one of their supreme pizzas, great reasonable price and an easy dinner. The house-made Pesto would go great with the pizza so in the basket went the Rocket Pesto.
With my dinner and dessert all sorted I headed to the Deli and grabbed a small container of The Herdsman’s famous chicken chilli mango meatballs. These are so yummy, they never last the day I bring them back!! Then I ordered a hot roast beef and gravy roll for my lunch and the beef was so tender and melt-in-the-mouth, filled the gap for sure.

If you’ve never been The Herdsman then I suggest you check it out. Why not purchase some pre-made salads, platters and some beautiful fresh fruit for your next BBQ or Picnic. Or just to have a browse, but I doubt you’ll leave empty handed!
Thanks, The Herdsman, I’ll be back!

April

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!